ATTENTION: Visitors looking for the Royal Eagle restaurant website, click here

20090426

I couldn't have said it better myself...

What I encountered in Orthodoxy was not just the invitation of one more denomination from which I could choose. What I found was that church which is the historically unique Church of the Apostles, enduring unchanged to this day.

The Ancient Church does not ask me to consider its doctrinal arguments and then decide for myself if they make more sense to me than the doctrinal arguments of other denominations.

The Ancient Orthodox Church comes to me simply proclaiming, "Here is the faith of the Apostles preserved across the centuries. The truth of that is written in history, not in theological arguments. I don't invite you to personally weigh and subjectively judge my arguments. I am what I am, and have always been, and always will be. I invite you to receive me or reject me."
(
Matthew Gallatin, Pilgrims from Paradise, 6 Jan 2008)

No comments: